Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Set as answer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
AllMor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllMor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Set as answer
    Posted: 02 June 2015 at 7:33pm

Hi WebWiz team,

In my forum, the members are asking me all the time, that they wish for an 'Set as answer' button.

At present, the function 'Set as answer' only exists for admins and moderators.
Is it possible that this feature can be extended to be used by the threads author ?

A large 'Set as answer' button that is clear to see, above each post.
I am willing to pay for a solution, if you can write the code. 

The forum software is great and the only thing there's missing - as I see it - is the button above.

Kind regards
Allan Mortensen
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 7:54am
This would not be a big modification to make and I will add it to the 'to do' list for a future release.
AllMor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllMor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2015 at 11:18am
Thank you Bruce, i´m very happy to hear that. Thumbs Up
Hav a nice summer

//Allan

AllMor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllMor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2015 at 12:28pm
Hi Bruce,
Thank you for the new version 11.04 with the new 'Set as answer' function.
No matter what I do, I cannot make it Work...

The setting in the admin module is set to ‘Admins, Moderators and forum members’.

I have created a post, answered it several times with dummy users and now I want the 'set as answer'

It seems that it´s only functioning with an admin account.

Am I doing something wrong?

//Allan

Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2015 at 8:41pm
Make sure you have updated all your forums files to the latest version as there are quite a few files that needed to be changed to support this new feature.
AllMor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllMor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2015 at 12:13pm
Now, I have deleted all files in my existing forum and made a fresh update.
Only thing changed is languagefiles, CSS background and text in e-mail notify. (functions_send_mail.asp)
Still no members can set as answer.

//Allan

Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2015 at 1:00pm
Further testing in the lab has highlighted some issues with this new feature and will be fixed for the next release.
AllMor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllMor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2015 at 2:24pm
I really appreciate your help Bruce.
Thank you very much.

//Allan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>