Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bug with WW Rich Text Editor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Webdango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bug with WW Rich Text Editor
    Posted: 27 February 2015 at 12:50pm
When putting a link into the post, styles and size don't work. The link defaults to the style sheet for link style. The following two are formatted with the same options - courier, bold, size 5

http://google.com - Link

No Link

EDIT:
I see this particular instance is overwriting links to make them plain text and removing the link. See example at my site 

http://sfreader.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2&PID=2&#2 

The Click Here to View on Amazon link sized to font=5 and bolded, but is defaulting to the forum style for links
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 12:54pm
The Rich Text Editor uses the built in Rich Text Editing API for the web browser that you are using. This means that how styles are applied is handled by the web browser itself.

If you are unable to apply the styles you wish in the browser that you are using try with a different web browser.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 12:59pm
From some quick tests that I have carried out the Rich text Editing API in Internet Explorer 11 and Chrome 40 allow styles to be applied to hyperlinks.

It is only in Firefox that it's Rich Text Editing API does not allow me to apply styles to hyperlinks.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 1:04pm
I have also looked at your own forum and see that you have integrated it in to your own website which has it's own style sheet.

Depending on the order you link to your style sheets, ie. the forums style sheet is before your own, will depend on how styles are used in your forum. Your own style sheets my also override any styles applied to links with in posts in your forum.

As I mentioned previous you are able to set styles and font sizes for hyperlinks in IE 11 and Chrome 40 as long as your own style sheets do not override the styles.
Webdango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 1:42pm
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the quick reply. 

The post I used for the example with the Amazon link was made using Chrome Version 40.0.2214.115 m, the most recent, up to date version. I noticed the same thing last night when using FireFox (as you mentioned)

In looking at the source, it seems WW editor wraps the a tag in a font tag and using the size switch. 

The font tag doesn't override CSS, only inline styles do

I do have my style sheet after the WWF one, but I'm not styling A tags globally, only by class or ID

I tried making the link first, and then styling it, and I tried styling it first and then adding the link, neither option worked.

Thanks!

EDIT
I went into the WWF style sheet and removed base A styles to fix the problem - thanks

Edited by Webdango - 27 February 2015 at 2:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply