Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extra code being included in posts??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
slappyJ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slappyJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extra code being included in posts??
    Posted: 20 August 2015 at 5:10pm
Recently at the bottom of every new post appears this code below...

document.getElementById("linksID").style.display="none" < ="text/" ="https://count.carrierzone.com/app/count_/count.js">

What is this and how do I fix it/get rid of it?

Thanks,
slappyJ
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2015 at 8:18am
This is being injected in to your web pages usually by a badly behaving browser plugin.
slappyJ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slappyJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2016 at 10:00pm
Is there a fix for this?

People use a variety of browsers today...I myself notice that this kind of posting happens when I use Firefox.
slappyJ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slappyJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2016 at 10:04pm
This is what happens when I edit the post in IE browser...all of this extra code appears....

Add code removed by admin

<!-- WiredMinds eMetrics tracking with Enterprise Edition V5.4 END -->

Edited by WebWiz-Bruce - 12 January 2016 at 8:46am
rune View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2016 at 11:20pm
From googling it seems to be inserted by some crazy hosting providers :
"This code is automatically added by the Analytics program to track the traffic that is coming to the website."

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28249867-BC-Telus-Hosting-what-is-this-code-on-our-web-pages

Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2016 at 8:50am
The code that you posted looks to be ad code that is injected in to the page.

It may be like rune says that your hosting [provider is injecting ads in to pages which is common with free web hosts.

If not then having ads injected in to pages sounds like some type of malware placing ads in pages that you visit.

As this type of code is being injected in to pages from another source there is little that can be done. Web Wiz Forums attempts to remove injected code from common plugins but without getting a huge list of every possible injected code and then filtering it it would be impossible to remove all injected code.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2016 at 8:52am
Just looked up 'WiredMinds eMetrics tracking' in Bing and it looks to be something that BT inject in to pages.

You can disable this by;

Quote Go to your BT website management pages and access Web Hosting/Analytics/Advanced/Manage Pixel Code/Disable. No idea why it has been enabled.

slappyJ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slappyJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2016 at 3:13pm
I turned off the Pixel-Code but now whenever somebody posts something this code appears...

document.getElementById(&quot;linksID&quot;).style.display=&quot;none&quot;

So the problem still exists although not exactly the same as it was before.

This was the response from my host:

I took some time researching this and it seem like a 3rd party issue to me and not a platform related one.I want to escalate this issue to our admins to see if there's anything they could do but kindly be more specific as to what you want them to do.

From the creator of the software,this seem to be from some plugins:

" Web Wiz Forums attempts to remove injected code from common plugins but without getting a huge list of every possible injected code and then filtering it it would be impossible to remove all injected code."

and suggested that this may be from the hosting company but this is not the case and of course you're not using a free service.

He however did not indicate the source of the injected ads:

"As this type of code is being injected in to pages from another source there is little that can be done."

The only solution from reading his response might be to avoid visiting certain pages:

"If not then having ads injected in to pages sounds like some type of malware placing ads in pages that you visit"

Again, please let us know how our admins can help as they usually do not provide support for 3rd party software.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>