Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Expecting string input

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Candyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Expecting string input
    Posted: 11 September 2014 at 3:48pm
I have a new install and am getting this message after some time making changes and then i try to login again.  It's on the "admin.asp page" and when i try to narrow this down by writing each value from the line that errors to the page it has problems with Request.Form(strSessionKey).  I've tried multiple browsers and cleared cookies and cache.  Not sure what else to try.  Any suggestions?

Error:

Request object error 'ASP 0102 : 80004005'

Expecting string input

/Blog/admin.asp, line 88

The function expects a string as input. 

Code:
If Request.Form(strSessionKey) <> strFormKey Then

Usually I've seen this happen by passing an undeclared variable into a request.form, but i see it declared on line 60 and it gets assigned a value on line 77 and then compared on line 88 which has the error.

Edited by Candyman - 11 September 2014 at 3:54pm
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2014 at 12:08pm
It sounds like your website is not holding the ASP session and therefore the admin login ASP session is being dropped.

Check that the application pool for the website is not recycling to often and is running in a single worker processes.

If the application pool is recycling then each time this happens the ASP session would be dropped and any variables stored in the ASP session would be lost.
Candyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2014 at 3:22pm
That makes sense.

I setup a separate application pool in IIS for this with one worker processor and a single recycle time when traffic is low.  Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply