Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Batch delete

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Maluk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maluk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Batch delete
    Posted: 24 September 2015 at 9:37pm
Is there any plans to add a batch delete feature rather than have to search and delete individually?

About 20% of my subscribers use yahoo, hotmail, their works email etc. and after a while these email addresses seem to be the ones that fall by the wayside, not found on server, mailbox full, expired etc.

I now have about 650 out of 5000ish subscribers with invalid emails and would like to occasionally clean up the database, but not one a a time.

It's pretty easy to have an import for email addresses you want to delete, much the same as the import for adding, comparing the members table with the new table for members you want to delete and clicking a button to delete matching emails and emptying the members delete table after completion.

At the moment I do it by importing the emails into a new table added to newspad database via phpMyAdmin then running a SQL query to compare and delete, of course you really want to delete the relevant records from the memcat table as well. It's all a bit long winded.
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2015 at 10:49am
It is on the 'to do' list to look at when their is spare time available, but as newpad is free there is nothing stopping you developing the feature yourself then submitting the changes to us to include in future releases.
Maluk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maluk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2015 at 11:33am
Thanks, I might just do that.
 Post Reply Post Reply